Baba never asked his devotees to do any ritualistic worship for him. Whatever came from a devotee’s pure heart was accepted by him. He always wanted their true love & devotion.
“Whosoever offer to me with love or devotion a leaf, a flower, a fruit or water, that offering of pure love is readily accepted by me.”
Any one or many of the few simple things if followed as a regular practice with Bhakti Bhaav (Intense feelings) and not as a formal worship routine will help in firming one’s bond with Baba and bring a sense of calmness and peace in our lives.
1. Lighting lamps in front of Baba’s picture/idol in Morning & Evening. Any oil like mustard/Sesame (til) oil or ghee (clarified butter) can be used.
2. Light incense sticks – choose any mild soothing scent like sandalwood, jasmine or Rose.
3. Apply Chandan Tilak to baba Picture or Idol.
4. Offering flowers & Naivadya (Whatever is being cooked at home or anything simple like fruits, nuts or sugar candy or a cup of tea)
5. Offer Abhishek or Holy bath of Baba’s idol. This can be done according to availability of time. (Once a week, once a month or special days of the year like Ram Navami, Guru Poornima)
6. Offering Aarti for Baba (choose any one from the four aartis (Kakad, Madhyaan, Dhoop, Shej aarti) being followed as a temple worship routine in Shirdi.
7. Read a portion or one chapter from Sri Sai Satcharita everyday or one must try level best to read the “POTHI” on a Thursday & special day (Guru Poornima, Gokul Ashtami, Ram Navami & Dasera (Baba’s Punyatithi).
8. Join any of the Satcharita Maha Parayan or Sai Chanting groups on Social Media and feel the power of Group Prayers being performed by many Sai Devotees across the globe.
9. Chanting Baba name or any other mantra with prayer beads or in mind while doing daily activities. Even written Naam jaap can be an option. Chanting if done, at a time and place for minimum 20 minutes morning & evening will give immense benefits to the devotee.
10. Choose any form of Meditation practice and try to spend quality time with baba in silence daily (minimum 30 minutes). If possible, make a special room or a dedicated space for meditation purpose only.
11. Chant or listen Sai 108 Namavali whenever and wherever possible.
12. Annadan (food charity) or any act of kindness selflessly done for others is very dear to Baba.
13. Listening to Baba’s Bhajans, Mantra Chanting’s or Shri Sai Satcharita audio version.
Anything done with Unswerving Faith & Everlasting devotion will reach Baba and he is sure to shower his choicest blessings on us.